Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tucson can be an Awful Place to Live

I cannot even begin to describe to you the grief I feel about the lastest officer shooting here in Tucson. Officer Erik Hite was shot in the head on Sunday June 1, 2008 and died the following afternoon surrounded by his family. This is the fourth officer killed in the last five years in Tucson and each time it is more and more devastating. If I have an opportunity to attend Officer Hite's funeral (or at least watch it on TV), I intend to. Anyone who knows me knows how deeply I care about the police department and all they do for us. What a tragedy for the Hite family.


Officer Patrick Hardesty was killed on May 26, 2003




Deputy Timothy Graham was killed on August 10, 2005




Miko, a K-9 officer, was killed on May 27, 2006




Officer Erik Hite passed away on June 2, 2008

Next time you get pulled over or receive a ticket remember these pictures and be thankful!








Photos are the property of their respective entities and are used without permission. No infringement intended. The three above photos were taken at the funeral of Deputy Graham.


No comments: