Friday, August 22, 2008

Surgery, Work, Dogs, Sister & School

As most of you know by now, I am home safe and sound from my out-patient surgery and am doing well. Other than having the feeling for a couple days that I swallowed a golf ball, I haven't had any other side effects. My test results should be back on Tuesday and hopefully they have given the doc some iota as to what is wrong with me. In the meantime, she has prescribed me Prilosec to maintain a condition called GERD which i didn't know that I had. It is my belief that the GERD and whatever else is wrong with me are not related but if it helps than I will take it.

Next is that I have officially submitted my two week notice to my job. It is something that I desperately worried over and stressed about, wanting to make the right decision. In the end I knew what I had to do...I had to give up the job in light of school, scholarship, health, and family. My boss was absolutely amazing about it and there are already plans to try to get me back in over the summer next year. I have to admit that I feel like a bit of a loser right now since college students all over America maintain a job and school simultaneously. I really believed I could do it all but fear overtook me and I just can't lose that scholarship. Here's to hoping that it was the right decision.

Thirdly, Matthew and I found a dog at the Humane Society which we are interested in. It is a boy schnauzer mix about 1-2 years old who is a stray. They don't know much about him but we are hoping to meet him today or tomorrow. I am staying cautiously optimistic.

Fourthly, my sister is awesome and bought me (with her trade) the first season of Voltron on DVD. I watched the first disc this morning and I am so happy!!




Lastly, school starts on Monday and I am a nervous wreck. I have waiting so long for this moment. I realistically know that it won't be the way I envision it to be but hope that I am not disappointed by the bureaucracy of it all. OH MY GOD, I'M OFFICIALLY A WILDCAT!!!

No comments: