Sunday, October 19, 2008

Most Retarded Phone Call of the Day

I got the stupidest, honestly probably the most retarded phone call today and I just had to share it.

Me: "Hello?"
Girl: "Hello. Can I please speak to Mrs. Skibinski"
Me: "That is me."
Girl: "Hi, my name is ____ and I am a freshman at the U of A. I am calling today because we want to update our information so that you can still receive the parent's newsletter called The Pawprint. I see here that you live at ________. Is that correct?"
Me: "Yes."
Girl: "I also see that you have a student who attends the U of A. What grade is he/she in?"
Me: "I am the student."
Girl: "Oh I see, can I speak to your Mom? Is she home?"
Me: "No, I am thirty years old."
Girl: "Oh, (long pause) well than you obviously already know about our organization."
Me: "Yes."
Girl: "Would you be interested in donating money to our organization, it is 100% tax deductible?"
Me: "Umm, no thank you."
Girl: (sounding slightly rejected and upset) "Okay, thank you, bye"
Me: "Bye"

I just want to take this opportunity to thank the University of Arizona who makes their appreciation of me so obvious! Wow! I don't know what makes me more amazed, the fact that they don't even know that I attend their school or the fact that I enrolled in their school under my married name but they still are using my maiden name. Words cannot express how much this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. It really reinforces that all the hard work I am putting in is worth it.

P.S. Oh by the way, U of A, I am sure that I can speak for every student (and parent) out there when I say that we don't want to give you one more cent than we have to. You already raised tuition by over $700 next semester, raised parking permits by an additional $250, and are charging a mandatory $50+ "security" fee that is supposed to go to policing and security but I haven't yet seen ONE SINGLE University police officer on campus. No one is interested in giving you any more money!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl! They don't know who they are messing with.