Friday, October 24, 2008

You take the Polish out of the name, but you can't take the Polish out of the girl!

So, I was riding my bike home yesterday like I do everyday, minding my own business. I picked up the mail from our mailbox and started to ride my bike into my front yard. Somewhere along the way the back tire slipped out from under me and me, my iPod and 20+ pounds of chemistry books took a dive right into the dirt. I was able to brace myself with my hand, so my head was safe (I was also wearing my helmet, I know...geeky), however my leg suffered some major damage. Luckily, books, bike and iPod made it through unscathed.

I now have an ever increasing bruise about 6 inches long and about 3 inches wide on my left lower leg. At first I was a total girl about it, but now I am being a total guy, hoping that it turns a dark purple-blue-black color. Cause really, if you are going to have a bruise, let it be a gnarly one that people can admire and stare at with amazement.

P.S. I would post pictures but our digital camera took a dump. When my Palm Pilot recharges I will try using that to snap some photos.

No comments: