Friday, January 9, 2009

New, Revamped Class Schedule

I have been stressing for the last couple of days about revamping my school schedule for this semester which starts on Wednesday. I finally was able to add, drop, and move some classes around and my (hopefully) final schedule is:

ANTH 235 - PRINCIPLES IN ARCHAEOLOGY
MCB 182R - INTRODUCTORY BIOLOGY II
MCB 182L - INTRO BIOLOGY II LAB
ANTH 395D - SPECIAL TOPICS IN BIOLOGICAL ANTHROPOLOGY
CHEM 241B - LECTURE ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
CHEM 243B - ORGANIC CHEMISTRY LAB

My UA advisor and I opted to drop Calculus II this semester and replace it with a couple of Anthropology courses. This decision was made for a couple of different reasons: it was recommended by my good friend, Susan, who also is my previous Pima professor. She thinks that using the other side of my brain for Anthropology wouldn't be a bad idea. There is only so much chemistry, biology, and math one person can take. Secondly, I need a couple of classes to boost my GPA. My first semester at UA was dismal and I need all the help I can get at this point. Calculus II will be taken this summer at Pima instead of Physics which will be pushed to next summer.

Overall, I like the classes (except OCHEM) but I am not entirely fond of the schedule. Almost all of these classes fall on a Tuesday/Thursday. That means that I will be at school from 8am until 8 pm on these days. I will have one class on Wednesday and have Monday and Friday off. There isn't much I can do about it now, but one does have to wonder if this is just too many classes on too few days.

No comments: