Friday, January 23, 2009

Teresa and I's Bathrooms have Become the Halfway House for Lost and Wounded Animals

Teresa called me bright and early this morning and told me that Tim had found a wounded puppy during his work route. She asked me if I would take it, if just temporarily, until we figured out what to do with it. I agreed and picked up from Tim's work a bleeding 10-12 week old female black lab. I brought her home, gave her a bath, and she is now sleeping in my bathroom. Her wounds are fairly bad so Teresa scheduled an appointment with a vet who has agreed to look at the puppy free of charge. The appointment is today between 4-4:30.

The puppy is very skinny but is drinking and eating normally. I was lucky enough to convince a vet's office up the road from my house to give me a free bag of puppy food, and she seems to like it.

Between Teresa, Matt, Tim, Patty, and myself, we will find a home for this little girl. It warms my heart that so many people are willing to help one very adorable, homeless little puppy!

More updates later!!

No comments: