Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New Shoes

Matthew and I have been walking the dogs each morning at 5 am ever since school let out a few weeks ago. We both began to notice increased soreness and discomfort especially in our joints. After some discussion it seems it has been a number of years since either of us has gotten a new pair of shoes. To rectify the situation we went to Summit Hut, a local outdoors store, where Matthew got a pair of Vibram Five Finger Shoes (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com). He seems to like them so far and he gets lots of questions and compliments on them wherever we go. Unfortunately I have very small toes so these shoes were not an option for me (although they were very comfortable). I, instead, chose a pair of Nike's, specifically the Scramble TR II. They are a combination running and walking shoe and so far I am impressed. They have excellent arch support which is sorely lacking in most shoes plus they have a wider area for the toes which is excellent for someone like me who suffers from ingrown toenails. Hopefully the addition of new shoes to our exercise routine will prove to limit our pain and suffering.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: