Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter Vacation

Winter vacation is ending much like it began, with me sick in bed.

Finals week I was sick with the stomach flu but made it through thanks to my doctor who graciously got me in his office on short notice and prescribed a cocktail of medications. I was well by Christmas and had very quiet and enjoyable holiday. A few days after Christmas we made the jaunt to Kingman for Grandma Eileen's 90th birthday. We stayed with Bruce and a very pregnant Christine for four days where Hubby came down with a terrible flu. He was so sick, in fact, that I drove the entire distance from Kingman to Tucson all by myself for the first time! As soon as we got home I began feeling the effects of his illness and for almost a week now I have been suffering from one of the worst flues I can remember. School starts in a little under a week and I did not achieve a fraction of the items on my to-do list. Oh well, I guess that is what Spring Break is for.

This picture was taken while driving through the Joshua Tree National Park. I just liked the way the light looked on the clouds and mountains.

Prepare yourself for the most awesome dinner of all time! Bruce saw this concoction on Man Vs. Food and it was amazing! A bacon cheeseburger served on a glazed donut. Sensitive digestive systems beware!

9 months pregnant, Christine was still feeling great and sleeping well. Her belly was much bigger than this by the time we left Kingman. Baby Boy is due any day!

Bruce and Lily sleeping on New Years Eve.

No comments: