Monday, March 22, 2010

My Spring Break List II

So, I thought it might be fun to reflect on my spring break list and see how much I actually accomplished:

1. Spend time with Hubby
Not as much as I had hoped but more than usual.

2. Play and beat Mass Effect I
Not yet, but I am so very, very close!

3. Transfer character from 1 to Mass Effect 2 and beat that game too!
Nope, haven't beat the first one yet.

4. Read Jerry Doyle's book, "Have You Seen My Country Lately?"
Negative, didn't get around to it because my professor assigned a different book to be read.

5. Sleep
Not as much as I had hoped but more than usual.

6. Clean out the garage and have a yard sale
Yes and Yes. A pretty successful yard sale, if I do say so myself. It was exhausting and I am relieved that it is over but I am glad that I had this experience and know what to do better in the future.

7. Deep clean the house and dogs/catch-up on laundry, dishes and vacuuming
Hubby deep cleaned the dogs (including haircuts), I caught up on laundry, dishes and vacuuming and than quickly fell behind again. Deep cleaning of the entire house did not get done, but my bathroom is immaculate!

8. Do a minimal amount of homework
I did more than I wanted but not enough to get me ahead.

9. Catch up on my favorite TV shows
Yes!

10. Rearrange the Sci-fi room
I didn't do this but hubby did while I was yard sale-ing. He turned the Sci-Fi room into a combination of collectibles and my new scrapbooking room! I cannot wait to organize!!!!!!

11. Learn to decoupage
I did not decoupage, but I did scrapbook for one entire day. My sister came over and we destroyed my living room with tiny scraps of paper, glue sticks, and stickers. It was fantastic!! Perhaps this is why hubby agreed to designate an entire room to this hobby?

I am actually pleasantly surprised that I accomplished as much as I did. It felt like a majority of my time was spent just preparing for and completing the yard sale. In addition to the above items, I also baked cookies and cooked new, delicious dinners for hubby regularly. All in all I feel like spring break was a success, I just wish it was longer.

No comments: