Monday, March 1, 2010

Reid Park Zoo, Again...

In my biological anthropology class we are learning how to study primates. In order to get hands-on experience, we were sent to the local zoo to observe either the macaques, the mandrills, or the gibbons. My friend and lab partner, Jenna, and I chose the gibbons and had a glorious time running around the zoo like little kids with expensive cameras. Below are just a few pics we shot while there!
Today my professor asked if any of us would be interesting in volunteering to design some new signage for the zoo since they are sorely lacking in relevant and current educational materials. I am seriously considering it! Our zoo looks more like a rest home for unwanted animals instead of the sanctuary and educational haven that it should be. To be a part of that change sounds very rewarding...

No comments: