Thursday, May 20, 2010

2010 Census

There are certain aspects of the census I don't agree with but overall I support the necessity to count the number of people in our country. When the census form showed up over a month ago I immediately sat down and filled it out. Strangely, a couple weeks ago a census-taker knocked on our door claiming that we did not fill out our form. I graciously invited him in (while Hubby was home, of course) and gave him the needed information, informing him that I DID return our form. He returned the following day to get information on the house next door which is an empty rental and I have gotten 3 phone calls from the census bureau since than seeking to confirm the information that I have already mailed and verbally given them.

How hard is it to count two white people in one house who have lived here for a couple years?

Folks out there think the government can run health care when it takes them 5 trys to get one family's census information right??!! God help us!

No comments: