Sunday, August 15, 2010

Favorite Convention Memories

Hubby commented the other day that my posts regarding our time at the convention, were...well...boring. I apologize to those of you who read my drivel, I try to keep it light and to the point but in my haste it appears I made it quite a snoozer!

So, in an effort to redeem myself, I thought I would regale you with some of my favorite memories from our vacation:

6) Tour of the Hoover Dam. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the tour. If we ever go that way again I hope we will be able to take the longer, expanded tour.

5) Yoda was a huge hit! Starting at the Dam until we returned to Tucson, we were accosted everywhere we went (including the bathroom). People wanted to know where we got him and some just simply wanted to strike up a conversation. I am used to remaining anonymous so the notoriety was nice but I admit that I was glad to return Yoda to his spot above the china cabinet when we got home.

4) Mmmmm, buffets! We ate 4 buffets in the 4 days we were in Vegas and I liked all of them. The buffets we went to were at Mandalay Bay (Bayside Buffet), Planet Hollywood (Spice Market Buffet), South Point (Garden Buffet), and the Rio (Carnival World Buffet). Hubby and I disagree on our favorites but that is simply because of food choice and dietary restrictions. I miss eating at much as I want...now back to the diet!

3) Hubby meeting Jeri Ryan was one of the highlights of the entire weekend. She was so gracious and lovely, and he was so very excited which made me so incredibly happy!

2) Seeing Sir Patrick Stewart is not simply one of the highlights of the weekend, but actually one of the highlights of my life!! All of the convention goers were told to not speak to Sir Patrick when getting his autograph, but I bucked the system and said "thank you". Sir Patrick lifted his head, looked at me square in the eyes, and said "You are so very welcome", and smiled. I met Captain Picard!! AHHHHH!!!

1) Meeting Richard Hatch (Tom Zarek) from Battlestar Galactica was probably the most memorable event that occurred the entire weekend. He was so amazingly kind and gracious. He was willing to chat and genuinely seemed interested in the conversation, even going so far as to ask us questions about our lives. What a lovely man! I cannot say enough about him, such a rapid difference from his character on Battlestar. And to think that I almost did not want to talk to him because I hated him so much on TV. I guess that goes to show what a good actor he is!


No comments: