Thursday, December 2, 2010

Huge, Life Changing News

I recognize that the news I am about to bestow upon you will probably seem sudden and out of the blue, however, I can assure you that it has been well over a year in the making.

Hubby has been accepted to the Marine Corp Officer Candidate program as a reservist and will be gone for approximately 1 year of training.

I know!! HUGE NEWS!! I am still in state of shock and I will be honest, it was all fine and dandy while it was still "if" and "maybe". Now that it is "absolutely gonna happen" I am in panic mode and I have a stomach ache. At this point there are still more questions than answers (as I am sure is customary with the military) but what I do know is:

1. Hubby leaves the first week of January 2011
2. OCS (Officer Candidate School) will last 10 weeks and is in Quantico, Virginia
3. Hubby will graduate from OCS over my spring break, so hopefully I can go visit him
4. After OCS is TBS (The Basic School) and than additional training in his field of expertise in Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
5. I will be staying in Tucson to finish my final semester at the University and there are no plans for me to move with him at a later date
6. Hubby will not be home to see me graduate

I am so proud of Hubby for pursuing his dream and serving his country. There are few more worthy causes in the world! I only wish we weren't going to be separated for so long...

1 comment:

~kk said...

Congrats to hubby on becoming a Jar Head with the ranks of the best of them!

~kk