Sunday, April 17, 2011

Papa (1931-2011)

My friend Melanie (who lost her husband a couple of years back) lost the grandfather who raised her on Monday, April 11th. I am humbled to say that I was there with his entire family when he passed away in his home from leukemia at the age of 80. I loved him like he was my own grandfather and I will miss him deeply. He will forever be my Papa!

Ernest Ray Bennett

Ernest Ray Bennett born March 23, 1931, died April 11, 2011. He is survived by his loving wife of 45 years, Teodora Bennett and children, Barbara (Johnny), Chuck (Cindy), Marsha (Dan), Jim (Theresa) and Ernie (Stephanie) and eight grandchildren and 11 great- grandchildren. He is preceded in death by daughter, Susanne. Ray was a farmer for many years in AR and AZ and joined the Southern Pacific railroad from which he retired. He continued his hobby of tractor restoration throughout his retirement. He is greatly missed by his many family and friends. A Memorial Service will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, April 21, 2011 at EAST LAWN PALMS MORTUARY, 5801 E. Grant.

No comments: