Friday, September 30, 2011

Museum Stuff

Despite being on the active job hunt, I am still volunteering at the museum about 20 hours a week.  Hubby and I agreed that if working in a museum is what I want to do in the future, than maintaining an active role here in town is advantageous.  Yesterday was an awesome day! There are two buildings which constitute our museum, one on each side of the road.  About a year ago, the University decided to move people and offices around.  My boss was moved from one side of the road to the other and he has never unpacked.  I mean NEVER unpacked.  There are boxes everywhere, I can't walk, I can't turn around, I can't find anything.  So, I finally convinced him it was time to organize! Yesterday was the first day and I had a blast!  I love organizing, I love unpacking, I love putting things in alphabetical order, I love finding a place for everything!  My boss thinks I am nuts, but even he admits that coming into an organized office makes him feel better.  I can't wait for Monday!

No comments: