Monday, March 26, 2012

Docent

Today was my first day volunteering at Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum and it was fantastic! I put in a volunteer application at the beginning of February, it took almost 8 weeks for everything to be finalized. I work as a docent in the "Space" portion of the museum. My specialty is manned space flight and I have been assigned a mentor until I have earned 50 hours of volunteer time, at which time I will be tested and than released on my own. 

I was given a vest which has certain required patches but also has room for personalization. I have already sewn on my Alan Shepard patch and attached my Apollo 11 ribbon but am really looking forward to putting all my other NASA patches on this week! I knew I collected these for years for a reason!

1 comment:

AlanaMarie said...

awesome! That sounds like so much fun!