Saturday, September 15, 2007

OJ....OJ....OJ....

Anyone who knows me knows that I was obsessed with the OJ Simpson trial back in the day. Imagine my surprise when those cold, murderous eyes starred back at me from the television set once again. OJ, in trouble again? NO!!
I seriously lost faith in the criminal justice system the day OJ was acquitted of murder, but I have slowly tried to regain that faith over the years. If the jury/judge doesn't throw his butt in prison for the rest of his natural life over this crime I think I might have to move to France because it just proves that America has truly lost its mind!

Here is what I know: I know he killed Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown and whether he paid for it than or he pays for it now, I really don't care. I just want to know that he is safely behind bars where maybe he can continue to "search for the real killer". Jerk.

Anyway........................

School is going better now that Spanish is a distant memory. I have really been applying myself in Trig and have spent an average of 4-6 hours a week in the tutoring center getting help. I think I am slowly getting the hang of it, but my teacher isn't making it easy on me. His teaching style is to put some definitions on the board, draw a couple of unit circles, and than assign some homework, never once giving us an example. So, when we sit down to do the homework it is all brand new. That is where the tutors come in! Thank God for them.

Literature class has been killing me this week. I am the first one to present my Powerpoint presentation which is due in less than a week. I picked to cover World War I, which is the very beginning of our lesson, hence why I have to go first. I sure wish I would have picked something different and given myself some more time but I kind of got stuck with it without knowing the details. I guess the good news is that once I get my presentation out of the way, it should be smooth sailing after that.

Chemistry could go either way right now. I just finished my first exam on Tuesday and I have no idea how I did. It was so difficult to study for and it required so much memorization, it was ridiculous. I think I did okay, but depending on how harshly or leniently she grades, it could be a D or an A. Weird!

Sociology is my easiest and by far the class I enjoy the most...I can't complain.

Lets see........................what else?

I have my dress and shoes and Matt got fitted for his tux for Bruce and Christine's wedding. The pictures should be up shortly.
My dress has arrived for Melissa's wedding and my first fitting will be sometime next month. I am still looking for shoes.
The invitations for Melissa's bachelorette and bridal shower went out today.

Lily and Trudy are doing well. Trudy is really starting to adjust and is getting more and more comfortable all the time.
Piper is still the worst cat anyone could ever have. She has been peeing on the tile in the bathroom for a couple months now, and Mom finally suggested that I put down some of those puppy-pee-pads so at least it would be easy to clean up. That worked for awhile, except now Piper has decided to pee in the bathroom sink. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I was shocked when I caught her. I told Matt that we should keep the toilet seat up and see if she will just use the toilet, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I took the lid off of her litter box today and so far she is using her box again instead of the floor, or the sink, or the tub, or whatever she thinks of next. If she isn't careful Matthew is going to feed her to the coyotes.

HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMM......

Oh, I decided that since my public education completely stunk that as an adult I was going to try to read all those books that you were supposed to read in school but for some reason I didn't. So, I just finished "Catcher in the Rye" which I really enjoyed and was a pretty quick read. I have started "1984" now but will have to put it on the back burner for now because my Lit teacher assigned us to read "This Side of Paradise" by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I found a website that lists 1001 books to read before you die...so I am now a couple books closer to that end.

Okay, I have been putting off my Sociology assignment and should really get back to it....

Take Care!!!

No comments: