Thursday, September 3, 2009

2 of 2500

As I have mentioned a number of times here on my blog, I have been listening to radio talk show host Jerry Doyle whose views are typically independent of political affiliation. To be more specific, it matters not if you are a Democrat or Republican, if you are in public office and do something stupid or illegal he is going to call you out on it. I appreciate and support this point of view.

As a bi-product of listening to his show I am much more up to speed on what is happening in our country and specifically what our government is up to. I have to admit that much of it is startling. This new found knowledge has driven me to want to speak out. So, with supportive Hubby in tow we went to Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords' town hall meeting this past Tuesday evening. Sadly, we were unable to get in to actually see or speak to her, however, we were able to stand outside with our signs and talk to other supporters as well as opponents. Save for a few crazies who yelled at us, everyone we saw and spoke to was respectful and kind.

Outside of Saguaro High School

The auditorium behind me, with a capacity of 1500, was already full when we arrived.

The overflow area outside the auditorium where eventually another 1000 people piled in.

This was the sign I held, the other one said:
Reform Medicaid
Reform U.S. Border Policy
Reform Medicare
Reform Social Security
BEFORE reforming healthcare

Additionally: I cannot take credit for my sign, although I did create it, the idea came from a gentleman named Wayne Allyn Root who started this V.E.T.O campaign about a week ago. I am only serving to pass the message on.

No comments: