Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Volunteership

At the beginning of the month I was promoted from repository duty to archaeological collections at the Arizona State Museum. Part of my new "job" is to reorganize the archaeological collection due to "The Great Move" which caused a tremendous amount of disruption and nothing is where it is supposed to be. Today I found a box of artifacts whose numbers were partially rubbed off, my job was to try to decipher the number and find its home. In an effort to help me, my boss gave me a giant magnifying microscope for my desk. This microscope is the very same one that sat on the desk of Emil Haury, a very famous archaeologist who worked at the U of A. Haury is a hugely prestigious figure among my co-workers and I am honored to have been bestowed such a relic!

No comments: