Docent Vest

I finally finished putting patches on my vest for the space museum. It took a couple of weeks because I don't know how to sew very well and my fingers hurt. I realized after I had started that the patches weren't on exactly centered or straight but I put in so much effort that I can live with the outcome. :)


We are allowed to customize our vests a little, so I added my X-Files, Apple, UA, American flag and September 11 pins. I put the Alan Shepard patch on the front because he is my favorite astronaut and the Apollo 11 ribbon because it is so unique!

Comments

Logan said…
I've been looking for a jacket just like yours, but in *royal blue*. I can't find one anywhere in google or on ebay or amazon. Do you have any suggestions on where I could find one (I'll add my own badges and buttons). Here's an example of what I'm looking for (from the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum):

http://airandspace.si.edu/support/volunteer/welcome-center.cfm

P.S. I tried to send you an e-mail, but AOL wouldn't accept the address you show...
Danafox said…
I don't know off the top of my head where they purchase their vests from, but I can certainly ask the next time I am there.
Good luck finding what you are looking for in the meantime!! :-)