Friday, June 21, 2013

OSU Field School

Yesterday I briefly referred to going down to Corvallis and the OSU campus. The reason for this trip is that I have been accepted to the OSU summer field school. The archeological dig I will be joining will run from the beginning of July until the end of August. There are two areas of excavation, first is Fort Yamhill and second is Champoeg (sham-poo-ee) State Park. The purpose of a field school is to teach you, hands-on, how to conduct a proper dig and give you experience beyond book knowledge.

For those of you unfamiliar with the process, potential archaeologists are required to have both a degree and a field school on their resume. It is my sincerest hope that this is just another step towards finding my forever career!

I have already tendered by resignation to the mansion, who was amazingly supportive of my decision.

Being an archaeologist is not glamorous, nor do we carry whips

No comments: