Wednesday, September 5, 2018

UK Vacation: Day 3

The second day of the convention started extra early because I had a photo op scheduled between 9:30 and 10:10 a.m. and the line was expected to be long. As a time saving measure, we grabbed a quick bite at the local coffee shop, Costa, and went to the Olympia.


The heat and crowd was insanity! We had never seen so many people at a convention in all the years we have been attending. It was too many people, to be honest. Add in the heat and it made for a miserable day for the celebrities and attendees. I will never attend another convention run by Showmasters. They did a terrible job of managing this con.

I was lucky enough to see Rory McCann (Sandor "The Hound" Clegane from Game of Thrones) while it was still early in the day. Unfortunately, it wasn't the best experience and it was obvious that he didn't want to be there, which was a shame seeing how far I traveled to meet him.

This is right after I got his autograph and right before he yelled at me for taking his photo. There was a sign that stated "no photos" but I am a #rulebreaker. 

We attended the Game of Thrones panel in the afternoon. It was only supposed to be Rory but they added the other two guests at the last minute. They also moved this from the main stage to a much smaller auxiliary room, which caused them to have to turn a significant number of people away due to lack of seating. Like I said, poorly managed - and the audio quality was atrocious.

That evening I went to the David Duchovny talk on the main stage. This convention actually charged to watch/hear celebrities speak (which is why I did this solo). I would never have done this had it not been for the string of unfortunate incidents that occurred earlier in the day. I needed something nice to cap off a rather disappointing Saturday.

Hubby and I ended up eating a quick dinner at Pizza Express located in the Olympia. We just didn't have the energy to search out a restaurant or walk somewhere new.

Step Total: 12,667






No comments: