Thursday, May 21, 2009

Reid Park Zoo

Yesterday was a beautiful, unexpectedly cool, dreary day in Tucson, so I decided to take the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors. I have been wanting to go to the zoo and haven't been able to find anyone to go with me, so I decided to go on my own.

Overall, I very much enjoyed the experience. I don't typically like doing things by myself but I enjoyed going at my own pace and seeing what I wanted to see. The temperature was perfect and I went as soon as the park opened, so it wasn't packed. Most importantly, it was a trip down memory lane. My sister and I spent a lot of time at the zoo when we were little and it seemed so big back than. It hasn't changed much over the years, but it sure seems smaller now.

My only complaint was the "Disneyland" atmosphere. There were strollers everywhere and I mean everywhere! You could hardly walk without running into someones disorderly child. I recognize that the zoo is a very inexpensive option for families and that it is summer time, so I shouldn't be surprised that there were so many moms and children...BUT my patience is wearing thin when it comes to public places and the children who run them!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I had the opportunity to feed the giraffes. This is Denver, one of three giraffes at the zoo.

Photobucket
Connie, the Asian Elephant

Photobucket
Zibulo or Yebonga (not sure which one), Southern White Rhinoceros

No comments: