Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where Were You?

Where were you 10 years ago on September 11th?  
I was at my apartment getting ready for work (I was working at a computer store at the time).  I remember watching the first plane crash into the tower and than having to drive to work.  I remember listening to the radio in the car, in disbelief.  When I finally got to work the first thing my boss told us was "today is like any other day, keep it together".  I remember wanting to grab him by the shirt and shaking the life out of him and say "Are you kidding, today has changed our lives forever?!"  I remember streaming live coverage of the events on the multiple computers set up in the sales area and I vividly recall the towers falling down.  There were 1 or 2 customers that day but overall the streets and stores were empty.  I remember there was a man who was walking door to door selling American flag lapel pins, and the owner of our store bought each of us one to wear on our shirts.  I remember the terrifying feeling that more planes were on their way, that we were under attack, and that thousands of innocent people would die that day.

Also, I would like to acknowledge my friend Patrick who served in the Marine Corps and was a NY City police officer on the day of 9/11.  He was injured when a  piece of debris hit him in the head and he   will forever suffer from the affects of vertigo.  Thank you for your sacrifice!

I would love to hear your stories!  Please post in the comments section or on your blogs!

No comments: