Monday, October 22, 2018

Knitting Class

I have been taking a knitting class for about a year. A lot of people ask, why knitting? It is a pretty antiquated trade and isn't really relevant to people much anymore which is actually why I wanted to learn it. Yes, I could buy a book or go on YouTube and learn to knit but instead I meet up at least once a week with a group of grandmothers who are more than happy to help me learn. There is something truly fulfilling about knowledge being bestowed from one generation to another.  Plus, it is rewarding to create something from scratch that is useful to other people.

My first project(s) were dish towels and pot holders. My second project was a scarf which I gave to my sister's boyfriend for his birthday. This was my third project which I gave to my sister for her birthday. My teacher was very impressed with my ability to complete such a difficult project.

This is a blanket I knitted for Lily. I measured her bed and made a chunky wool blanket for the winter. It's hard to tell in the picture but it is navy blue in color.

Current Projects: 
  • In class I am learning to make mittens. I almost have the first one complete. 
  • At home, I am working on a scarf for Hubby with wool that I purchased in Scotland. 
  • I also just started a baby blanket for some friends who are expecting their first child in March.
My teacher says I am a true knitter now, we always have multiple projects going at one time!

No comments: