Friday, June 19, 2009

Gardening at 105 Degrees

The temperature in Tucson has been unseasonably cool, meaning that the days are only in the upper 90s instead of the 100s. Next week all that changes as the Monsoons roll in along with the intense temperatures. Being a novice gardener I have no idea how this will affect my vegetables. Below are pictures of their progress so far, harvesting should take place in early August.

Photobucket
Despite the unfortunate encounter with Trudy, the corn has bounced back

Photobucket
The cucumber plant has really taken off and by far is my fastest growing plant

Photobucket
The lettuce took weeks to germinate but is making great progress

Photobucket
I have two pots of radishes and both are doing exceptionally well

You may be wondering where the green onion plants are? They germinated and than promptly died. I think even the "mild" temperatures were too hot for them!

No comments: