Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Movies 2009: Part 2

In celebration of Matthew passing his PE exam, we went to see a movie on Saturday morning. This time it was Terminator: Salvation. I have seen Terminator 2 more times than I can count and Terminator 3 just once but have never seen the original Terminator or the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Needless to say I was a little worried that I wouldn't understand what the heck was going on.

But have no fear, there was so little plot to wade through that watching this movie was a breeze. Heck, I can't complain thou, there was plenty of explosions, lots of action, good pacing, impressive special effects, but very little muscle unless you count Arnold's stunt double. Overall, it was a nice way to spend the morning and it kept me from studying all weekend.

I agree with my friend Tom who said it was "stunningly average", therefore I do rank it below Star Trek and Wolverine on my scale of summer movies. Additionally, Christian Bale does use the Batman voice and did you notice that the character, Marcus Wright, couldn't decide if his accent was American or Australian?

Photobucket

Next movie: Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

1 comment:

ImmortalSunRider said...

Just because Marcus is more machine now than man, doesn't really justify taking his heart out of him while he is in perfect shape and he just saved everybody's life. Besides, I thought they were trying to NOT be like the machines, yet when an *important* one is damaged they take parts off a healthy one for replacements. - Shocking