High School Moment #1

Yesterday I was walking to my bike, had my helmet on and was getting my iPod out for the ride home. From a short distance away I heard someone call my name and I looked. It was two of the girls from my Organic Chemistry lab. They smiled and waved, I smiled and waved in response. I suddenly realized that the "cool" kids just waved to me and I was wearing my grubby clothes, my hair was a mess, and had my pink bike helmet on...how stupid did I look? I felt a rush of embarrassment and awkwardness and couldn't wait to get out of there, afraid of what they might think or say.

Than, two seconds later I realized, I'm not 18 anymore -- I am almost thirty and no longer do I give a darn what the 18 year old "cool" kids think or say about me.

On the ride home, I laughed out-loud and thought -- Isn't it sad that even when we are older and more mature some of those old high school moments sneak up on us out of nowhere?

Comments

Anonymous said…
OH MY GOD....AMEN TO THAT!!!

ISN'T IT AMAZING HOW CERTAIN MEMORIES TAKE YOU BACK WHETHER YOU ARE ALMOST "30" OR ALREADY "50"!

LOVE, MOM