Friday, January 13, 2012

Room 1: 1/2 Bath

While I have begun some preliminary job seeking, for the moment I am focused on making our house look nice and feel cozy. One thing I know for certain is that once I start working the momentum to decorate the house or do chores will vanish. So, while I am home, I thought it would be nice to show you pictures of the rooms as I complete them. I started out small with the 1/2 bath located at the foot of the stairs.

First and foremost you should know that Hubby and I haven't ever really had a decorating style. I have always joked that our style is "frat boy chic". We have only purchased a few items ourselves, the rest are hand-me-downs from friends and relatives. I don't see that changing in the near future, so what I have focused on is creating rooms which are full of things we love AND have a story behind them!

The framed poster on the wall is signed by the entire 1994-1995 Arizona Wildcat Basketball team including Lute Olsen. I acquired these autographs myself at a practice session @ McKale Center.

The two magazines on the wall are the only two times the Cats have been on the cover of Sports Illustrated (as far as I know).

The total cost for this room was $15.00 (two red hand towels and a navy blue soap dispenser). Everything else I already had.

No comments: