Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Hepcat: First Flight (includes video)

The first flight of my Hepcat model happened on May 13, 2014 @ approximately 10:00 am on a sunny but windy Oregon morning. 

The flight took place despite several setbacks that morning. First and foremost, I hit a deer with Hubby's truck on the way to the field. The status of the deer is unknown, I couldn't find her afterwards but my speed was 45 mph, so I don't hold out much hope. Hubby's truck survived the ordeal well and no long term damage was done. Needless to say, kinda but a damper on my day. 

The plane was wrapped lovingly in an Arizona Wildcat blanket but it didn't survive the impact unscathed. The horizontal stabilizer snapped off. I was late getting to Cecil's house and the guys were already worried about my tardiness, having sent out people to look for me. We quickly glued the stabilizer back on and eventually all the modelers made it to the field, albeit later than expected.







No comments: