Saturday, July 6, 2019

The Lady Washington

Lookie what I found in my drafts folder from October 2018! Whoopsie. 😳

I remember I had seen on the news that the Lady Washington was going to be in town and was open for visitors. I convinced Matt that the three and half hour drive was worth it so that we could see a little bit of Trek history. The most nerdiest of our friends will recognize this ship as the same one from Star Trek: Generations. My take away from our time on the Lady Washington was how small she was. All that Hollywood magic made it seem she was three times the size she really is. My favorite part about her current life is that she is used as a traveling, floating, teaching museum. Older, more experienced men and women train and teach the younger generation how to safely repair, manage and sail a boat like this.







No comments: